Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cow Birthday Card

My niece turned 3 last week and wanted a cow for her birthday!  So cute.  Of course I had to oblige and made her this cute card.  I loved watching her open it and see the smile on her face.  So precious.  And what did it say inside?  Hope your day is 'MOO'velous.  I couldn't resist. 

 
I LOVE the Create a Critter cartridge for my Cricut!!  I use it ALL the time!  I almost always can find what I need on that cartridge.  The cow, barn, and clouds are all from there.  I love using dimensional adhesive to really give the card some depth. 


And don't forget all the little details.  A little ink around the clouds and patterned paper give it a little dimension.  Google eyes, glitter, gems, glossy accents, and a white gel pen all really make this card fun.  Don't go buy fancy embellishments, just jazz up what you have!  The next time you are making a card or scrapbook page go through your supplies and see what you have to glam up your card.   


Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you back on Photo Friday.  I think a cute little cowboy may be making an appearance.

Supplies:
  • cardstock: The Paper Studio (Textured Cardstock Brights and Darks), misc (blue)
  • patterned paper: misc (I got it free at CK Scrap and Play sorry no info)
  • Cricut cartridge: Create A Critter (all images)
  • ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Tumbled Glass), Memories Dye Ink (black)
  • glitter: Recollections Extra Fine (Blush)
  • rhinestones: Queen and Co. (Orchid)
  • stickles: Ranger (Diamond Stickles)
  • stamp: Close to My Heart (Seasonal Celebrations D1112)
  • tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (3/8")
  • gel pen: Uniball (Signo Broad)
  • misc: glue dots, Glossy Accents (Inkssentials), google eyes, pop dots, flower

No comments:

Post a Comment