I am not a stamp coloring person normally but I had to use this Noah's Ark stamp for a relative who is having twin girls! I love the symbolism of the two animals and how she is bringing two new little ones into this world. I colored my image using watercolor pencils and a water brush.
I am no expert at watercolor pencils or shading and blending but I gave it my best. I started with the ark and added a line of color in each section and blended from there. I kept adding colors until I was happy with my image. I need to invest in some watercolor paper for next time because the paper can get pretty wet depending on how much blending you are doing.
And here is the same card using an image cut from my Cricut! All I did to change the card was replace the stamped image with this adorable owl.
- cardstock: misc
- patterned paper: Die Cuts with a View (Nana's Nursery)
- stamp: Art Impressions, My Sentiments Exactly (Baby Sentiments)
- ink: Memories dye inkpad (black), Tim Holtz Distress (Spun Sugar, Vintage Photo), Close to My Heart (Cocoa)
- Circut cartridge: Create a Critter
- embossing folder: Cuttlebug (Polka Dots)
- tools: American Crafts (Knock Outs punch-Scallop Heart), aqua brush
- watercolor pencils: Faber-Castell
- misc: pop dots, Xyron, Doodlebug Design (Doodle Twine-Baby Girl Assortment)