I really wanted a golden yellow color and had nothing like it at all. So I grabbed a sheet of yellow cardstock, used my Cricut to cut out the border, left the cut image on the cutting mat, and started inking! I started with Frayed Burlap and then added small bits of the other three colors until I got the color I was looking for. You can really see the difference in the color to the part that isn't inked. What a change! After I was all done inking I then sprayed Bronze Glimmer Mist over this to give the whole border a bit of shimmer.
Here is my completed layout. I was following this sketch as a source of inspiration. I just love how the border turned out! I used the cut out stars on other parts of my page to help tie it all together. Why make other embellishments when I already had these cut out!
Here is a close up of the left page. I also used Distress Ink to color the vellum for my journaling.
Here is the right page. The twine really makes a fun border between all of the pictures.
To really make my border shine I added glitter on scrap paper behind a few stars and gems on others.
My title was cut on my Cricut. I just love how I can create any title and cut it out of paper that matches exactly what I want!
And one more of my border. I just love it! Pop dots also help to give this border a little more flare.
There you have it. You can alter your paper color with Distress Inks! I hope that the next time you find yourself looking for a shade of cardstock and you don't have it that you reach for your Distress Inks and alter some cardstock you already have. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can come up with. Thanks for stopping!
- patterned paper: Carolee's Creations (Ho, Ho, Ho and Burnt Red)
- cardstock: misc
- Cricut cartridge: Christmas
- ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Fired Brick)
- bling: Imaginisce (Hot Rocks Compact- Jewel), Mark Richards Glittler Domes (white)
- misc: Doodlebug Designs (Doodle Twine Christmas Assortment), pop dots, Scotch (vellum adhesive, Quick Dry adhesive), vellum, Recollections glitter (Snow), Glimmer Mist (Bronze)