Friday, February 22, 2013

Photo Friday- Winter Storm Q

Snow is here in the Midwest!  Winter Storm Q dropped about 8" of snow in our area.  Today's Photo Friday is all about watching the snow 'grow' in your photos and documenting change.  I took a photo at 10 am and one every hour after (once the snow started falling) so that I could see how the snow accumulated.    I just love seeing how much it changed every hour. 







When I scrapbook these photos I plan to put them in a flip book of sorts so that we can flip the pages and really watch the snow 'grow'.  You could do this same thing for other photos as well.  Pregnancy, a little girl or boy growing out their hair, a wound healing, and building a puzzle all could be the subject of your photos for this technique.  Just make sure to frame your shot as close to the same as possible to really make the change apparent.  You might have to take a photo every hour like I did or once a week or even once a month.  It all just depends on what change is occurring.

I hope this gets you thinking about what kind of changes you can photograph.  Drive safe, stay warm, and most important keep making memories.  Thanks for stopping! 

One more random photo that has nothing to do with snow or change.  This one is for you dad.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo cool! I love to see how the snow piles up from the storm.

    The last photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete