Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Special Delivery

 

Remember that cute little seven year old from Photo Friday?  Well, in 'scrapbook land' that little boy was just born!  Yes, I'm seven years behind in my scrapbooks.  Am I OK with it?  Absolutely!  I had an aha moment about this last week and posted it on the new Jen's Scraptography Facebook page!  Stop by there to see what that aha moment was.   

One of the reasons I'm so far behind is that I keep an album for each of my four boys and one for our family.  I know crazy, right!?  But I want them to be able to take their own albums someday to share with their own families.  Now, that doesn't mean that I make 5 copies of every layout and put them in every book.  That would be crazy!  Sometimes though special layouts make it into two or more of the albums.  This page about Alex's delivery went in our family book and his book.  Sometimes the layouts will be the exact same when going into more than one album and sometimes I'll tweak it a bit to conserve supplies or because I didn't like the way something turned out.  For this page I wanted a very simple layout to let the story and photos really take the lead.   


The title I made using my Cricut and Gypsy.  I love the way it turned out!  So fun!  And the best part is that Alex helped me!  I originally titled it Special Delivery and he said, "Mom, shouldn't that be Special Delivery from God?"  Of course I had to change it.  Love that kid!  Some twine from Doodlebug Designs and an embossing folder from Cuttlebug really make this title look like I spent some money on it.  I love knowing that it was all made from scraps!!   


In order to conserve paper (and time) I put this same layout in a We R Memory Keepers Ring Albums Made Easy Photo Sleeve for Alex's book.  What a time saver!  Just put in your photos, use a large scrap of paper for the title and journaling spot, and you are done.  No stress and they look almost the same!  If you are new to scrapbooking these photo sleeves are a great way to get your feet a little wet without using a lot of supplies.  To make it even easier purchase a title at your favorite scrapbooking store and then you would only need to journal!  These photo sleeves come in many different configurations too (this one has 4-4x6 pockets and 1-8x6 pocket).  Keep an eye out for them here as I'm sure I'll be using more of them.   


I hope you enjoyed this simple and easy page.  I'm excited to finally get some more pages done in Alex's book so there will be more pages making their way to the blog soon.  Come back later this week for how I used the back of this photo sleeve.  Thanks for stopping!


Supplies:
  • cardstock: kraft, misc scraps
  • stamp: My Sentiments Exactly (Baby Sentiments)
  • twine: Doodlebug Design Inc. (Doodle Twine Baby Boy Asst.)
  • ink: VersaMark (watermark stamp pad)
  • embossing powder: American Crafts (Zing! White)
  • embossing folder: Cuttlebug (Polka Dots)
  • adhesives: Scotch (Quick-Dry Adhesive), pop dots
  • Cricut cartridges: Create a Critter
  • gel pen: Uniball (Signo Broad)
  • photo sleeve: We R Memory Keepers (Item #50038-4)

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love these pages! These just started coming out when I was winding down. Love the Special Delivery from God!

    ReplyDelete