Even though I'm trying not to buy new supplies doesn't mean that I won't be using new things. I'm lucky to have someone close to me who is cleaning out her craft room to fill mine! This means lots of new stamps and other items are coming my way. So since I was trying a new technique I also wanted to use a new stamp. This fun birthday background stamp was perfect for what I had in mind. I stamped it on black cardstock using Versamark ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. What a fun effect!! I know that I'll be doing this more this year. After rounding the corners I then punched a circle out to stamp my sentiment in. Some faux stitching with a white gel pen and the card was complete. Super simple and super fun!
Onto the other project I made. I want to make sure that I am using all of my supplies, including the ink that is leftover on the craft mat. Why waste that ink when it can be used to create more things! I picked these colors of ink specifically because I had this project in mind. I got out some scraps of white cardstock and did the same technique that I did above until I had used up all of the remaining ink. I then got out my Gypsy and Cricut and went to work cutting out some fall leaves! If you don't have a Cricut take a look through your punches to see what you could make.
After all the leaves were cut I used some more Distress Ink on the edges and a brown marker on the 'veins' to give them an even better fall look. I love how they turned out and can't wait to use them on a layout or card! I'm so glad I didn't waste that ink!
The next time you get out your ink plan ahead and think of what else you could make with your leftover ink. This same idea could be used with purples and pinks to create hearts, yellows and greens to make spring leaves, or even browns to create feathers. See what you can come up with. Hope to see you back for Photo Friday and thanks for stopping!
- cardstock: misc scraps
- ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade), Versamark (Watermark)
- embossing powder: Ranger (clear)
- stamps: Close to My Heart (Seasonal Celebration), Hampton Art Stamps (Multi Birthday)
- tools: EK Success (1 1/4" circle punch), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper 3/8")
- gel pen: Uniball (Signo Broad)
- cardstock: misc scraps
- ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap)
- Cricut Cartridges: Gypsy Wanderings, Cricut Classic Font, Stretch Your Imagination, Create a Critter
- marker: Zig Writer (Chocolate)