Sunday, May 29, 2016

Dreams and Wishes Card

I'm getting this post up later than I planned on because school is out!  That means the kids are home and we are all trying to get adjusted to our new schedules.  I guess late is better than never right?!

Today's card is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Make a Wish and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.  I decided to make just one card for both challenges. 

This card was really easy to make!  I stamped the child image in gold ink wiping away the spot where I wanted the sentiment and then covered the gold ink with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I then stamped the sentiment (a dream is a wish your heart makes) with VersaMark Ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder also.  Once that was done I colored select areas with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and then sprayed the whole panel with water.  I wanted a pale dreamy effect and I think I got just that.  I trimmed out the image and glued it onto my card base.  Super easy and quick.  Sometimes it's nice to throw in a simple card once in a while.  Thanks for stopping.

Supplies:  
  • cardstock- misc, Master's Touch Watercolor Paper
  • stamps- Stampers Anonymous (Phrases 2), Wordsworth (Sleeping Child)
  • ink- Encore! (Gold), VersaMark (Watermark)
  • markers- Ranger Distress Markers (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Forest Moss, Stormy Sky, Dusty Concord)
  • embossing powder- Ranger (Super Fine Clear)

2 comments:

  1. Darling card, love the image. So pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete