Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cowboy Up! Layout

I happened to stumble upon the Simon Says Stamp Blog- Monday Challenge this week while online.  This weeks theme is 'this is where the cowboy rides away'.  I love a challenge so I decided to play along.  I knew I had some super cute photos of my youngest from River City Roundup day at school this year so I decided to use those for my layout.  Here is what I came up with.
I am so happy with how this page turned out!  After choosing my papers I worked on my photo placement.  This took me a long time!  I originally wanted them in a closer cluster but the photo of his boots just didn't look right below either of the other photos.  I finally decided to put a little space between them to add my title.  That did the trick.  I placed them all on a large square that I embossed using my score board.  I then distressed and sanded the edges to give a rustic feel to the layout.  I cut the title from the Old West Cricut cartridge five times.  I then layered and glued all five images together to get a chipboard like title.  I just love the dimension.  
I also sanded the top layer and covered the 'u' with Glossy Accents.  I love how this paper looks almost like denim.  Perfect for this layout.  A fun title for a fun page.  
To add some interest and a visual triangle on my page I got out my Glimmer Mists.  I hardly ever use them but wanted to try them on this page.  I have both a blue and brown one so they matched perfectly.  Instead of spraying them on my page I sprinkled them next to my title, journaling, and horseshoe accents.  I love the sparkle and interest they give to the page.  I will definitely be using these more on my pages.  I also added some mini star brads in these same areas.  I love how this ties the whole page together.   
I did my journaling on a piece of vellum and embossed the edges to match the embossed edges of my photo mat.   Another horseshoe covered in Glossy Accents brings attention to the journaling and ties it in with the rest of the page. 
I hope you enjoyed this layout.  I'm glad to get another page done especially since it's for my little guy.  His book isn't very full yet.  Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- Core'dinations
  • patterned paper- My Mind's Eye (29th Street Market)
  • Cricut cartridge- Old West
  • tools- Close to My Heart (Edge Distresser), sanding block, Martha Stewart (Scoring Board)
  • misc- Ranger (Glossy Accents), vellum, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Denim Blue, Tattered Leather), The Paper Studio (Mini Star Brads), Zig Writer (Chocolate)
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layout, I love the colours that echo the colours from the hat and jeans in the adorable picture. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete