Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday Weekly- Wood Veneer, Washi, and Banners Oh My!

I'm back today with another weekly layout and this one might just be my favorite of all of the ones I've done. I'm a HUGE fan of this color combination (aqua, pale yellow, and pink). I've used this color combination on 12x12 layouts too with various shades of those colors and it always works.  I also had fun with embellishments on this spread. Wood veneer, washi tape, and some banners can really go a long way. Let me show you what I did.
I stamped my date and then added some washi, a gem, and some wood veneer pieces. This really helps my title card stand out.  I always try to create some visual triangles on my PL spreads with the embellishments I use. If you look closely you'll see that there is wood veneer in three different places, camera washi tape with a pink gem in three places, and aqua asterisk thickers in three places.  There are also a couple more visual triangles. Can you find them?  Creating the visual triangle helps your eyes go around the page and having a couple of them on these weekly layouts adds some interest too. 
Last week I shared some ombré stamping and this week I did the same thing on this layout. Repeating the hello stamp without reinking was a fun way to add a little interest to this card. 
I just LOVE this camera washi tape!  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of this. These gems work great to fill in the 'flash' and add a bit of sparkle. 
Here is an embellishment cluster I created with wood veneer, washi, and a banner from my Camelot Studio Calico kit. I love the cards in the kits but the embellishments were really what I wanted to get them for. These kits are filled with trendy embellishments and it's fun to try new things and see if I like them or not. Wood veneer, washi, and banners are some of my new go to supplies. 
This filler card is one of my favorites!  The main card is from the Camelot SC kit. I cut the cross-stitch heart from a card from the Cut & Paste Mini Kit and distressed the edges. I love the little bit of dimension that gives it. Adding the banner, washi, and thicker asterisk ties this card in with the rest of the layout. 
One last little card that I altered.  More washi, a banner, and another asterisk take this card from cute to fabulous!  I love how these simple supplies really dress up the page. 
I hope you enjoyed today's Wednesday Weekly. Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • Project Life- Cut & Paste Mini Kit, journaling pen (03-black), plastics (Design A and D)
  • Studio Calico PL Camelot kit
  • stamps- Basic Grey (Hello), Provo Craft
  • ink- Memento (Tuxedo Black)
  • tools- Creative Memories (Circle Cutter), Close to My Heart (Edge Distresser), Stampin' Up! (banner punch)
  • misc- Recollections (washi tape), Basic Grey (Hipster Wood Die Cuts), thread

No comments:

Post a Comment