Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Embossed 'Hi' Card

Once again I'm Playing in Paradise this week.  Their challenge this time is embossing.  Embossing is such a great way to add dimension without a lot of bulk!  I needed to send a quick note with some pictures and this simple one layer card is what I came up with.

I first embossed a piece of cardstock with the Moroccan Screen embossing folder.  I then sanded the surface and edges to let a little of the white core show through.  This adds both dimension and interest.  I knew that this card would be going in the mail so the flatter the better.  I used a piece of double sided tape and some glitter to add a quick ribbon like effect in a similar color.  I love using a monochromatic color scheme to make simple cards even simpler!
For the flower I used the reverse side of the textured cardstock.  This left me with a smooth surface for stamping on.  I used Ruby pigment ink to stamp the flower and clear embossing powder.  Once I heat embossed the flower I then cut it out and sanded the edges.  This helped to set it apart from the embossed background.  I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment on a piece of scrap paper and also heat embossed both the sentiment and the edges of the circle. 

I hope you enjoyed my simple, embossed card today.  The next time you need to make a card with a lot of impact but not a lot of bulk, think about embossing.  I think you'll be happy with the results.  Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- The Paper Studio (Textured Cardstock Darks), misc scrap
  • stamps- Autumn Leaves (Flowers), ScrapAce
  • ink- Colorbox Pigment Ink (Ruby)
  • embossing powder- Ranger (Superfine Clear)
  • embossing folder- Provocraft (Moroccan Screen)
  • tools- Creative Memories (circle cutter), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper 3/8"), sanding block
  • misc- double sided tape, glitter- Recollections (Garnet)  

4 comments:

  1. Perfect card for a quick hello! Thanks for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, a lovely way to say Hello. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation! Super use of that embossing folder and the distressing technique! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The sanding really makes the embossing pop :) Thanks so much for coming to play in Paradise with us again!

    ReplyDelete