I first embossed a piece of cardstock with the Moroccan Screen embossing folder. I then sanded the surface and edges to let a little of the white core show through. This adds both dimension and interest. I knew that this card would be going in the mail so the flatter the better. I used a piece of double sided tape and some glitter to add a quick ribbon like effect in a similar color. I love using a monochromatic color scheme to make simple cards even simpler!
I hope you enjoyed my simple, embossed card today. The next time you need to make a card with a lot of impact but not a lot of bulk, think about embossing. I think you'll be happy with the results. Thanks for stopping!
- cardstock- The Paper Studio (Textured Cardstock Darks), misc scrap
- stamps- Autumn Leaves (Flowers), ScrapAce
- ink- Colorbox Pigment Ink (Ruby)
- embossing powder- Ranger (Superfine Clear)
- embossing folder- Provocraft (Moroccan Screen)
- tools- Creative Memories (circle cutter), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper 3/8"), sanding block
- misc- double sided tape, glitter- Recollections (Garnet)