Tuesday, May 28, 2013

6 Weeks

The end of the school year sure throws a lot of extra stuff in my schedule!  Between field trips, school programs, and other end of the year activities I've been swamped.  Sorry that I haven't gotten any scrapbook layouts or cards up in a few weeks.  I'm going to try to be better about that.

Here is a cute little layout that I've actually had done for a few weeks but didn't have time to photograph.  My title was cut using the Cricut and to emphasize the 6 I used the same papers I used for my embellishments.  I have always loved using square photos on a layout and this is a fun way to arrange them.  Matting them with a thin white border really helps unite all the pictures.  I love how Zach's face is a little different in each shot and Alex just doesn't seem to care.  :) 
Once again I used a paper pack for my layout.  They make putting together a layout so easy!  I picked four papers that I really loved from the kit and used them to make my embellishments, title, and photo block.  I love circles and they are easy embellishments to make.  Different sized circles, a stamp, a button, and some twine and you have a super easy and cute embellishment for your layout!
I wanted to use these supplies but create a little different embellishment so I made a banner for the top of my page!  I used my square punch to punch out the banner ends which made this super easy.  Banners are so in right now too and I love the way they look on layouts.  They add interest without being too distracting from your photos.  I also love how different from the circles this looks yet it still works because I used the same supplies.  This is also a great way to use up scraps! 
My journaling card is also from the kit.  I spruced it up a bit by using Glossy Accents on the truck.  This gives a little added interest without a lot of bulk and also makes the truck look more realistic.  I matted the journaling card with the same paper as my background paper and inked the edges of the card with Black Soot Distress ink to help it stand out a little more.    
There you have it.  Another page kit = another page done.  I hope you enjoyed this one, I know I really like it.  Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- misc
  • patterned paper- Echo Park Paper Co. (Little Boy Collection)
  • Cricut cartridge- Robotz
  • stamp- Close to My Heart (Star Struck D1237)
  • ink- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
  • pen- Project Life journaling pen (black 03)
  • tools- Perfect Layers, Creative Memories (circle cutter), Fiskars (square punch 1 1/2"), EK Success (circle punch 1 1/4")
  • misc- buttons, Glue Dots, Glossy Accents, Doodle Twine (Boy assortment)


No comments:

Post a Comment