Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stretch Those Supplies

Since the snow made it's appearance and tomorrow is going to be a cold and gloomy day, here are a couple of birthday cards to brighten your day.  Both of these cards were made with the leftover pieces of patterned paper from yesterdays blog post pages!  I love stretching my supplies and I also love when I use something up (then I don't feel so guilty when I buy something new)!

For this first card I just cut the patterned paper slightly smaller than my card base and cut out a sentiment with my Cricut.  I applied Versamark ink all over the black sentiment, applied clear embossing powder, and then heat embossed it.  Once I added it to my card I then outlined it with my white gel pen!  Yes, that isn't a white paper shadow it's a white gel pen shadow!!  Love it!!  It really helped the sentiment stand out from the bold patterned paper. 
I only had a few small pieces of the patterned paper left but needed to make one more card.  I decided to make my own 'patterned paper' with a background stamp and some Distress Ink.  I just stamped the image right on my card base, heat embossed it, and then applied the Distress Ink.  After rounding the corners of the patterned paper pieces I adhered them to the card.  I then stamped the star and cut it out.  I added the sentiment, a little scrap of twine, and adhered it to the card with some pop dots!  Super easy and super cute!
So there you have it.  I made three cards (two of the first one and one of the second) and two single page layouts with one sheet of patterned paper!  I just loving stretching my supplies.  Thanks for stopping and if you are in my neck of the woods stay warm!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- misc scraps
  • patterned paper- I received this from a friend and do not have a manufacturer
  • stamps- Close to My Heart (Seasonal Celebration D1112), Gel-a-tins (Super Star), Hero Arts (Life of Party Words)
  • ink- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Wild Honey, Black Soot), Versamark (Watermark Ink)
  • embossing powder- Ranger (Superfine Clear)
  • Cricut cartridge- Wild Card
  • tools- We Are Memory Keepers (corner chomper 3/8")
  • misc- pop dots, twine

1 comment: