Monday, October 21, 2013

A Little Man With a Big Plan Layout

I haven't put a layout up for a little while so I figured I should get one up!  This is a layout I worked on while I was on my little vacation over the summer in Las Vegas.  When I went on my trip I only packed the necessities- photos, cardstock, patterned paper, adhesive, and a few embellishments.  That was it!!  Luckily I was scrapbooking at my best friends house so that I could borrow her tools, stamps, inks, etc.  Because of my minimal supplies I really had to use what I had in creative ways.  I'm going to be sharing more pages from that trip in the upcoming weeks.  These pages are simple yet still pack a big punch.  I hope you enjoy them. 

Here is today's page.  The page came together in a snap because all of the elements are from the same paper line.  I love the line of square photos.  It really draws your attention to them and leaves space for a title and some fun splashes of color.  This page has no journaling except for the date.  I am usually a big fan of journaling but this page required none.  
My title was made with some patterned paper and rubons from Fancy Pants Designs To the Moon collection.  I love that the lined paper made it easy for me to get my title on straight.  I am a big fan of using lines in patterned paper to add titles/journaling spots for this very reason.   
In order to draw more attention to the title and add some fun I used these chipboard pieces also found in this collection.  The little aliens are so fun and who doesn't love colorful stars?!  I stamped a movement trail to make it look like these guys are really moving. 
To add a little interest to my line of photos I put the middle one on pop dots.  This helps that photo stand out a little from the others and also is a great way to add some dimension to your page.  It's also a great way to adhere photos that might not fit perfectly side by side on your page.  I hate having a little gap when adhering photos in a row and this is a great way to make sure that doesn't happen.  
To add some fun color at the bottom of my page I grabbed four different papers from this collection and cut rectangles of the same size rounding the top corners.  Because they are all from the same collection they work together perfectly!  I purposely used two papers with space ships on them so that I would have three space ships on my page to help lead your eye around the page.  
The two spaceships at the bottom of the page needed a little something special so I got out my sparkle pen and colored in a few areas on each one.  This adds some interest and is a fun and easy way to alter your patterned paper.  
I hope you enjoyed this simple layout and try one of these ideas on your next page.  Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- Bazzil Basics Paper
  • patterned paper- Fancy Pants Designs (To the Moon)
  • rubons- Fancy Pants Designs (To the Moon)
  • chipboard- Fancy Pants Designs (To the Moon)
  • tools- Creative Memories (corner rounder)
  • stamp- TPC Studio (Transportation)
  • ink- Memories Dye Ink (black)
  • pens- American Crafts (Project Life 03 black), Gelly Roll (Stardust)
  • misc- foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment