Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day- Get Well Card

Today is World Card Making Day!  I decided I'd make a Get Well card to celebrate.  Nothing says get well better to me than rainbows and stars so here is what I came up with. 
I recently bought this stamp from Hero Arts and have been waiting to use it!  I stamped it with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink, covered it with white embossing powder, and then heat set it.  I then used some more Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color the panel with rainbow colors.  I wiped off the panel to get the ink off the embossed areas and had the main part of my card done. 
I knew that the card would need a little something to balance out this bright panel and I didn't want to add anymore colors so I went to my embossing folders.  I had this one that I bought at the CK Convention and have also been waiting to use it.  This added just the right touch.  
To add my sentiment I cut a circle in my card base, stamped the sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it, then I punched that out and applied it to the inside of the card.  I used the bluish/purplish color of vellum because I didn't have those colors on my panel.  A few drawn on stitches and my card was complete!
I just love how fun and happy this card is.  I know it would make me feel better.  Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • stamp- Hero Arts (Life of the Party Dots), ScrapAce
  • ink- Tim Holtz Distress (Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Embossing Ink)
  • embossing powder- American Crafts (Zing! White)
  • pen- Uni-ball (Signo Broad White)
  • embossing folder- Darice (Stars)
  • tools- EK Success (circle punch 1 1/4"), Creative Memories (circle cutter)
  • misc- vellum, dimensional adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment