After cutting out all the pieces I then started adding glitter, flocking (on the hair), google eyes, glossy accents (on the shoes) and using my Stardust pen (on the nails) to add small details to really make a big impact. I ran the green body through my Xyron sticker maker to make it all sticky and then added pieces until all of the pieces were on. I then added the green glitter. I just love how it turned out!! And to think this was made using only scraps of paper and minimal amounts of glitter and other supplies. How much would this little guy cost in a store? I don't even want to think about that.
Adding my sentiment was a little tricky as the only stamp that had letters that fit both the space and the mood of the card was this one.
I wanted the sentiment along the bottom and in a straight line so I got out some masking paper and went to work. I covered all of the stamp except for the 'HAPPY.'
Then I stamped it in VersaMark ink using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, and then did the same for the 'BIRTHDAY.' Once that was done I covered it all with white embossing powder and heat embossed it. I did have to touch up the 'HAPPY' just a little with my white gel pen but you can't even tell. I love how it turned out! This might have been a little time consuming but it saved me a trip to the store to find the 'perfect' stamp. Sometimes all you have to do it think outside the box.
I originally had just one ribbon at the bottom of the card but I thought it needed just a bit more. I have tons of twine so I figured I'd use the three main colors of the card. I love the dimension and texture it adds to the card. Just the right touch.
I hope you have a great Halloween this week. Happy haunting and thanks for stopping!!
- cardstock- misc
- patterned paper- Die Cuts With A View (Everyday Stack)
- Cricut cartridge- Mini Monsters
- ink- Tsukineko (VersaMark), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
- stamp- Stampin' Up!
- embossing powder- American Crafts (Zing! White)
- glitter- Recollections (Muse, Pesto)
- twine- Doodlebug Designs Inc. (Doodle Twine Halloween Assortment)
- tools- Inkadinkado (Stamp-a-ma-jig)
- pens- Sakura (Gelly Roll Stardust)
- adhesives- Scotch (ATG), Xyron
- misc- google eyes, Doodlebug Designs Inc. (flocking), Ranger (Glossy Accents)