I used five different Distress Inks on this card and two different techniques with them! For 'Mars' I applied Barn Door and Fired Brick to my craft mat, spritzed with water, and then placed my watercolor paper on it to soak up the ink. I kept repeating this process until my paper was covered the way I wanted it. Using my circle cutter I then cut out my 'planet'.
To make the sky I first stamped the stars and clusters using the Tim Holtz Embossing Ink and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder. I then applied Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot with my ink blending tool. I covered the whole sky with Faded Jeans and used the Dusty Concord to add a little interest. I used the Black Soot only on the edges to darken the sky. Once I was done applying these colors I wiped the ink off the stars and clusters.
To finish my card I cut out the rocket using my Cricut and the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge. I also double stamped the sentiment (using two different inks and offsetting just a little) to make it look slightly dimensional.
A simple and fast card today using my favorite inks. Thanks for stopping!
- cardstock- watercolor paper, silver foil paper, misc scraps
- patterned paper- The Paper Studio (A Boy's Universe)
- ink- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Black Soot, Embossing Ink), Memories Dye Inkpad (Black)
- stamps- Close to My Heart (Wishes W2012), Stampendous (Flutter Frame), Stampin' Up
- Cricut cartridge- Boys Will Be Boys
- embossing powder- Ranger (Super Fine Clear)
- tools- Creative Memories (circle cutter)
- misc- dimensional adhesive