Monday, September 30, 2013

Rocket Birthday Card

I have a quick card to share with you today.  My son asked me to make his friend a card with a rocket landing on Mars so here is what I came up with.
 
I used five different Distress Inks on this card and two different techniques with them!  For 'Mars' I applied Barn Door and Fired Brick to my craft mat, spritzed with water, and then placed my watercolor paper on it to soak up the ink.  I kept repeating this process until my paper was covered the way I wanted it.  Using my circle cutter I then cut out my 'planet'.  

To make the sky I first stamped the stars and clusters using the Tim Holtz Embossing Ink and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder.  I then applied Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, and Black Soot with my ink blending tool.  I covered the whole sky with Faded Jeans and used the Dusty Concord to add a little interest.  I used the Black Soot only on the edges to darken the sky.  Once I was done applying these colors I wiped the ink off the stars and clusters.   

To finish my card I cut out the rocket using my Cricut and the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge.  I also double stamped the sentiment (using two different inks and offsetting just a little) to make it look slightly dimensional. 

A simple and fast card today using my favorite inks.  Thanks for stopping!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- watercolor paper, silver foil paper, misc scraps
  • patterned paper- The Paper Studio (A Boy's Universe)
  • ink- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Black Soot, Embossing Ink), Memories Dye Inkpad (Black)
  • stamps- Close to My Heart (Wishes W2012), Stampendous (Flutter Frame), Stampin' Up
  • Cricut cartridge- Boys Will Be Boys
  • embossing powder- Ranger (Super Fine Clear)
  • tools- Creative Memories (circle cutter)
  • misc- dimensional adhesive 

No comments:

Post a Comment