Friday, September 20, 2013

Photo Friday- Don't Forget the Details

I had the honor to photograph a joint 40th birthday party last weekend.  The couple wanted some photos to remember their fun time with family and friends.  I was able to get lots of photos of them interacting with their guests and all of the children playing on the playground but I also captured some details for them.  Mostly of the food!  It's so easy to take photos of all the people but even little details like a leaf on the ground or a dripping can of pop can bring back memories of special days.  I see this detail in many wedding photographs now.  Photos of all the little things.  I wish I had more of those from my own wedding!  So the next time you are taking photos at a party don't forget the details, snap a picture of the food, the wrapping paper mess, prizes for a baby shower game, etc.  You'll be glad you did and so will the hosts of the party.  Chances are they were so busy entertaining their guests that they missed out on all of these little details.  Thanks for stopping!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment