Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tummy Time Layout

I have a fun layout for you today that features a cute paper line by Little Yellow Bicycle called Babysaurus.  I just love the cute dinosaurs and the beautiful colors.  Let me show you what I created! 

I had these three photos of my son that I really wanted to feature.  I love clean block type layouts so a row of the three photos was the way to go.  I then had space on either side of the photos to fill.  I used that space to place embellishments, a title, and my journaling.  After picking three patterned papers from this line I got to work!
This paper line is adorable!  I just love the dinosaurs and knew that I wanted to feature one as an embellishment.  I fussy cut around this guy leaving a small white border.  I then placed him on one of the patterned papers matted with white cardstock.  A corner chomper and some brads finish off this adorable addition to the page. 
I also used some popdots to add some dimension.  I love how it stands out on the page.
Banners are in right now so I wanted to include some on my page.  This was the perfect spot to add my title.  Using the same blue and orange paper I made two banners.  The different lengths and widths add some fun to the page.  I also used more brads to tie this area with the embellishment and journaling spot.  I also used both the blue and orange paper in all three spots.  This creates a visual triangle to lead you around the page.   
Here is a closeup of these great Thickers I used for my title.  Both the font and color were just perfect for this page!   
I love how something as simple as a brad can have such a big impact.  I have so many brads and I'm always glad when I use them on a page.  I also used my Gellyroll Stardust pen to add a little sparkle to the orange paper.    
I love to journal on vellum.  Sometimes I'll print journaling on my computer but a lot of times I like to use my own handwriting.  I have a great tip for keeping that journaling straight.  I took a piece of notebook paper and traced all the lines with a black marker using a ruler.
When I want to journal on the vellum I just place it over the lined notebook paper and now my journaling is perfectly straight!
And just because he's so cute here is one last view of that little dinosaur.  Thanks for stopping!!

Supplies:
  • cardstock- The Paper Studio (Textured Cardstock Brights)
  • patterned paper- Little Yellow Bicycle (Babysaurus)
  • alphabet stickers- American Crafts Thickers (Kensie Shadow)
  • tools- We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (Stub/Deco)
  • pens- American Crafts (Project Life Black 03), Gellyroll (Stardust)
  • misc- brads, vellum, popdots

    

No comments:

Post a Comment