Friday, September 6, 2013

Photo Friday- Tanner is 6!

Tanner is 6!  How did that happen?!  It seems like only yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital and I was wondering how I was going to be a mom to 3 three boys.  Now he's in 1st grade, tying his own shoes, riding his bike without training wheels, and reading!!  Tanner is one of the sweetest, most gentle kids I know.  He'll always hold my hand or sit on my lap (it helps that he's a momma's boy).  He'll give me little kisses on my arm just because and I'm convinced he's going to grow up to be an entomologist because he LOVES bugs! 

Since Tanner is our third he doesn't always get to spend a lot of one on one time with mom or dad.  I really wanted his photo shoot to be a special time that we could spend together.  I waited for the perfect time and place to do his shoot and guess what?  That never came!  There was always something going on, always a 'better' place to take his pictures.  When it was two months past his actually birthday and school was just around the corner I knew I had to take these pictures and fast!  We didn't go anywhere fancy.  In fact we stayed in our yard (with a little sneak to the neighbors)!  We don't have gorgeous brick or stone but I challenged myself to make his pictures look like we were at an awesome location.  I'm happy with the results, he got his time to be with mom, and I learned that you never need to look far from home for great backgrounds.  Sometimes you just need to look at things differently.  Enjoy and thanks for stopping!!
Our neighbor's house has some brick.  We snuck over there and took a few shots.  ;)
He wanted to make a heart with his fingers and I love how it turned out!  Always a charmer.
This is the weathered side of our neighbors garage (not the prettiest to look at).  Tanner is sitting on a chain link fence to get him high enough to use this as a background.  It's all about perspective.   
I wanted to try a little sun flare shot.  No edits on this one.  A different look but kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment