Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Robot Birthday Card

If you follow me on Facebook then you saw a little peek of this card last week.  Thanks for being a 'fan' of my page.  If you haven't 'liked' my Facebook page you really should.  I share videos and products that I think would be great for scrapbooking.  I also share little peeks of upcoming cards that I am creating and sometimes share cards that don't make it up here on the blog.  You don't want to miss out so click on the Facebook link on the right of this post and 'like' my page.  You'll be glad you did.  Now on to today's card.
My oldest son had a birthday party to go to so I needed to make a card.  We are entering those preteen ages of 10-12 and I wanted to make a card that would be fun yet still appeal to an 11 year old boy.  I think this card did it.  I knew I wanted to use the robot and I also adore this color combination so I pulled out some patterned paper and got to work.  I stamped the robot in Versamark Watermark ink, covered it with silver embossing powder, and heat embossed it.  Then I colored in the areas I wanted colored with some colored pencils (you could also use markers).  He's just so cute!  I also stamped and embossed the bolts on the corners.  
The rest of the card was super easy to put together.  As I mentioned I love this 'primary' color combination that is just a little different.  The turquoise blue and not quite true red go great with the bold yellow.  In fact I love this combination so much that I created my own 'paper kit' of sorts on a shopping trip.  I picked up some patterned papers that had these three colors together in some fun patterns and then went through the store grabbing paper in those same colors only they were one solid color and had smaller patterns.  I also grabbed letter stickers in these colors and keep them all together in a bag so when I want to use this combination I don't have to search for anything!  I love how all of these colors work together even though they are from different paper lines.  I put the robot piece on dimensional adhesive to give him a little more emphasis.  I also added some grey pigment ink around the patterned paper pieces.  I used this same ink to stamp the sentiment and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. 
That's it!  A super easy and simple card to pull together that I think any boy would love to receive.  I'll leave you with a few more photos of this cute little robot.  I just can't get enough of him.  Thanks for stopping!
 Don't you just love the way he shines?!
 

Supplies:
  • cardstock- Wausau Paper (Astrobrights Glisten)
  • patterned paper- My Mind's Eye (Boy Crazy), Basic Grey (Hipster)
  • stamps- My Mind's Eye (Boy Crazy), Stampin' Up!
  • ink- Versamark (Watermark), Studio G
  • embossing powder- American Crafts Zing! (Silver Metallic Finish), Ranger (Super Fine Clear)
  • misc- dimensional adhesive, EK Success (Memory Pencils)

No comments:

Post a Comment