I have a super fun but simple card for you today. I love using pop dots, eyelets, gems, and other items to add dimension to my cards, but sometimes I want something simple and easy to mail. A one layer card is just the ticket! I'm hoping to try more one layer cards in the future using some other techniques but here is the card for today.
I started by stamping the large stamp in the middle of my card. (This stamp has no markings on it and it was given to me so I don't know the manufacturer. Sorry.) After I stamped it I used clear embossing powder to give it some shine. I then stamped the sentiment and embossed that with white embossing powder. Now came the fun part. I got out some colored pencils and started coloring in the image. This did take a little time but I love the look it gives to the card! Adding Diamond Stickles in the flower centers gives a little extra sparkle. The white faux stitching really finishes this card off. I just love how it turned out!
So there you have it. A really simple one layer card that is not only easy to make but also easy to send in the mail. I hope you give making a one layer card a try. Thanks for stopping!
- cardstock: Paper Reflections (Burgundy Greeting Card)
- stamp: Advantus Corp. (Heidi Swapp Thank-You), misc
- ink: Versamark (Watermark)
- embossing powder: Ranger (Super Fine Clear), American Crafts (Zing White)
- pen: Uniball (Signo Broad White)
- misc: Ranger (Diamond Stickles), EK Success (Memory Pencils Primary Colors)