I was hoping to get this page up in February but that just didn't happen. I shared this layout on my Facebook Page in January and today I'm going to show you how I used my favorite paper saving technique on it. I shared this technique back in April but since there are some new people following my blog I thought I'd share it again.
I only had one sheet of this blue paper and wanted to use it as a photo mat and as the background page of my layout. To use this paper for both of those purposes I first had to figure out where my three photos were going to go. Once I did that I adhered them to the paper (left image) and cut out the photo mat using my Perfect Layers ruler (you could also just use your paper trimmer for this). Be careful not to cut all the way to the edge as you still need this blue paper to build your page on. Once you cut out your matted photos you will have a hole in your cardstock (right image).
- patterned paper: The Paper Loft (Morning Rain Collection)
- ink: Quick Quotes (Powder Puff Chalking Ink- Blue Moon)
- pen: Creative Memories (Fine-Tip Black)
- alphabet stickers: The Paper Loft (Morning Rain Collection)
- tools: We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper 3/8"), Creative Memories (circle cutter), Perfect Layers
- misc: Doodlebug Designs (Doodle Twine- Baby Boy Assortment), pop dots